Back to the Heart - Our New Home
A New Facility to Help Reach Our Goals
Merging our media units back in the heart of campus has been a goal of Illini Media students, managers and alums for many years. We're proud to announce that in May of 2006 we finished construction and moved into a building that will allow us to fully realize our vision for the future.
512 East Green Street
Our showcase building allows us to:
- Work from the heart of campus. Our site on Green Street, one block from the Illini Union, re-establishes our presence at the center of campus life, offers convenience for our student staff, and improves our coverage of campus issues and people.
- Provide an exciting multimedia experience - a strategic advantage to students seeking jobs in rapidly changing media fields.
- Invite our audience in to interact with our media through the use of an open, street-facing broadcast studio and a spacious lobby/gallery/performance venue.
- Realize operational efficiencies and gain marketing advantages so we can continue to thrive for decades to come.
We're situated on the north side of Green Street, in the middle of the block between Fifth and Sixth streets. It's an ideal location with commercial visibility, an adjacent city parking lot, and a short one-block walk to the Illini Union and the Quad.
Key features of our new facility
- 30,000 square feet, designed to accommodate our current needs and future growth
- Large first-floor lobby to host events, exhibits
- State-of-the-art technology; high-speed and wireless connectivity
- Fully handicap accessible
- Security system for staff
- Boardroom/workshop/training rooms
- Open floorplans that encourage communication and collaboration